August 2, 2012

Q&A Thursday with Cathy Tully!


Today's Q&A Thursday is with Author Cathy Tully!

Enjoy & Comment!

What is the worst thing you’ve written, how did you learn or know it was bad, and what did you learn from it?

Well, that would have to be my first book, which I could never sell. When I go back and look at it now, eight years later, I actually laugh. But writing is a learning process, and with every book you write, you get better : )

Why did you start writing and when did you decide to go professional?

I started writing children’s non-fiction eight years ago. When I turned that book in, Kidhaven Press decided that since Library sales were so low, they were only going to use in-house authors…..so I turned to romance and have been writing it since : )


Do you write in more than one genre? Which ones and which do you like the best?

Yes, I do! I write, sweet romance, women’s fiction and contemporary romance. I’d have to say women’s fiction is my favorite genre. Maybe it’s because of my age, but I relate to that genre best.

Do you read other author’s books when you’re writing? If so, do you read the same genre or something different?

I’m always reading other author’s books. When I’m in the middle of a new book, or starting a new book. I read mostly the genre’s I want to write, but what I’m reading doesn’t necessarily have to be the genre I’m currently writing in. 

What is the most difficult part of the entire writing process for you? Queries, pitches, editing..etc.

I find the waiting period awful! I’d rather have tooth extracted without sedatives than wait another six months for a response. I’ve gotten better at it, but still, I can’t stand it.


If you could have the same type of career as any author currently publishing who would it be and why?

Lori Wilde or Kristin Higgins.   I love their books, and hope to one day join them on the NYTimes Bestseller list J

Book Blurb: ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Jack DeVane is on the fast tract to becoming CEO of Cunningham Coffee and nothing will get in his way…until a little dog wanders into his condo and a beautiful dog walker wanders into his heart.

Caitlyn Stiles has one wish--to take over the family business. When she returns from college and this is no longer an option, she travels to Promise, Massachusetts to look after her ailing grandmother where she takes a job as a part-time dog walker.

Can one sweet, little dog teach Jack there’s more to life than work?

Teach Caitlyn to let go of her resentment?

And teach them both that ALL THEY NEED IS LOVE?



Author's Bio: Cathy Tully has spent the last eight years writing Sweet Romance, Contemporary Romance and Women’s Fiction. Prior to romance, she wrote a children’s non-fiction book titled, NEBRASKA for Kidhaven Press in 2004.. Her first Sweet Romance, ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, is available this June through Astraea Press.

A Member of Romance Writer’s Of America, The Liberty States Fiction Writer’s, and The Society of Children’s Book Writer’s and Illustrators, Cathy is a firm believer in continually honing her craft. Cathy can be found on Facebook and at www.cathytully.com. A born and bred Jersey girl, Cathy lives in central New Jersey with her husband, Joe, and their two daughters.


1 comment:

Jenn Nixon said...

So great to have you today. LOVE the puppy on the book cover!!

~Jenn