May 2, 2014

Jenn's TV Recap Part 1

I'm back with another TV Recap. It usually takes me days to get these posted because there are so many great shows on right now, it's hard to keep up sometimes. There are a handful of shows that have said their goodbyes for the season or forever, so we'll start with them.

I'll use the format similar to the past in an attempt to keep your attention.

Helix (SyFy)

Why I started watching: Billy Campbell, I've always liked him. SyFy gets extra points for including Jerri Ryan and Kiroyuki Sandan - probably best know Dogen on LOST or original (better) Takeda on Revenge.

What did I think of this season? Pretty damn good. Although I seem to have lost my interest in crime procedurals, I still love a good mystery. This one had me glued to my seat.

Will I watch next season? Yes. The initial set up and plot of this season wrapped up rather nicely before sending us off into another plotline. Well done SyFy, much better than the 5 mins of Sharknado I forced myself to watch.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Why I started watching: Zombies on TV, how could I not?

What did I think of this season? This season had a few great episodes and for me, it was much better than the last season. The first half was overshadowed by the second half because so much happened after the group was separated. Carol's alive! Where's Glenn? Tremius! Look at the flowers, Lizzy! So much heartbreak.

Will I watch next season? Yes, and every season until it's over.

How I Met Your Mother (CBS)

Why I started watching: Not sure I remember, but I think my bestie and I were looking for something new to watch and it was on Netflix. Yeah, that sounds right...

What did I think of this season? It started off pretty good. Got lame. Then it was really good for the last six or so episodes. Then the finale. WTF. Worst ending to any show I've ever seen and I've seen a lot.

Will I watch next season? I don't have to. Thankfully. I wouldn't have anyway, that's how pissed I got. LOL

Lost Girl (SyFy)

Why I started watching: It was a show about a succubus who didn't know she was a succubus. How cool is that?

What did I think of this season? It was okay. For some reason, TV writers still think that sexual tension between two people is the only thing that will keep people watching. They are wrong! While I admit love triangles and rectangles and even octagons can be interesting, I'd be more interested to see a couple building their relationship after they get together instead of just breaking people up and throwing stupid obstacles in the way. I'm still pissed about Hale. SO WRONG!

Will I watch next season? Probably, but I'm on #TeamKenzi now.

Scandal (ABC)

Why I started watching? Honestly, nothing else was on that day and I think Kerry Washington is super pretty!

What did I think of this season? OHMYGODWHATTHEHUCK! Yeah, that's pretty much every other episode this season. While I do miss the Fixer-Subplots of OPA helping out people with their problems, this season was full of so much Shock and Awe that even I didn't see most of it coming (and I usually do). Well done Shonda, you are on my list of SuperWriterHeroes.

Will I watch next season? Hell yeah.

Shows I didn't watch all season but checked out:

Intelligence: It was basically a higher tech Chuck just with Sawyer. Meh.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderlands: Tom from the UK (better) Being Human and Sayid from LOST could not save this show. Yuck.

Brooklyn 99: Yes, a comedy! I know, crazy right? I did watch a few episodes and it was hilarious. I may check it out over the summer.

So that's about it for part 1. I didn't watch Vikings last night, so you know what I'll be doing later. :-)

What are your favorite new shows this year? What did you freak out over so far? Do you think I watch too much TV? :-)

No comments: