May 14, 2014

Jenn's TV Recap Part Deux #ClarkGregg #JamesSpader

All righty, a few more shows have ended this week...are you sad? I am. But I also have some awesome summer shows I'm looking forward to as well!

So, let's get to it.

Oh, wait...POSSIBLE SPOILERS! Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Once Upon a Time (ABC)

Why I started watching: Live action Disney/FairyTale characters? There was no way I wasn't watching this show.


What did I think of this season? While I don't miss Neverland, I miss Pan. I really wish "Henry" would have stayed in Pan, though the kid's voice dropped this season and he grew a few inches between the first and last episodes and it seems like he's a bit more tolerable this year. The last quarter of the season turned about to be pretty awesome, then they had to go and recycle the same damn plot. Really? REALLY? ugh.


Will I watch next season? Yes. I'm invested now, might as well...


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC)



Why I started watching: Clark Gregg's Coulson.  And when I found out Ming-Na Wen was going to be in it, it just made me squee even more.

What did I think of this season? I have no complaints, at all. Even the filler episodes were fun and exciting.  I love it when shows surprise me. There were many things I didn't see coming, and the ones I did see coming were still shocking because of some well placed twists and hints.  I didn't need to have Superheroes in this show. The references and guest stars more than made up for it. Though, I must admit, it's a helluva lot funnier when Fury and Coulson are in the room together. They need a buddy cop movie STAT! 


Will I watch next season? Heck yeah. No question.


Revenge (ABC)


Why I started watching: I think my mom told me I need to watch it, so I did.


What did I think of this season? Charlotte's still alive. Meh. I don't want Conrad to be dead because he was just getting villainy good! That last speech was amazingly evil. Overall the story is back on track, but I'm really not sure about the surprise twist at the end. I don't buy it. It doesn't make sense to me, at all. So, they better have a really good explanation as to why David Clarke is alive and WHY he was watching from the shadows for the last four years while his daughter went all Revengey.


Will I watch next season? Yes, provided they don't jump the shark or go into crazy theory land, I'll stick with it.


Castle (ABC)


Why I started watching: It was as story about a writer working with the NYPD to solve crimes. Just about every writer I knew was watching, too.


What did I think of this season? Pretty good. Castle is one of the few shows that has been able to put their two leads together and still keep it interesting without breaking them up or throwing stupid complications at them (save the finale). The last several episodes were very awesome and I love how they finally got around to Beckett's mother's murder. They showcased Ryan & Espo in a few great episodes this year. I was actually worried one of them was going to die this year.


Will I watch next season? Yeah, even though the finale was ANNOYING and a very silly thing to do. Don't pretend to kill a main character and then while the credits are rolling have the announcer say said main character will be back in the fall. Didn't that just negate the whole cliffhanger thing you "tried" to pull off? Miserable fail.


Glee (Fox)


Why I started watching: I love to sing. I love musicals. And I have fond memories of being in a glee club. 


What did I think of this season? This season is kinda meh for me. I miss the school setting and the teachers and all those amazing topical things they used to cover. While I understand TPTB wanted to focus on Rachel, Kurt and their friends, I enjoyed it more when it was ABOUT THE GLEE CLUB! Yes, I understand the death of one of their main lead characters forced them to do something different, but I liked that new group of kids at McKinley High. This show could have gone on for another 5 or 6 years if they kept it the way it was. Whatever. 


Will I watch next season? Meh, yeah...I'll still watch because the songs/singers are usually fantastic.


The Blacklist (NBC)


Why I started watching: James Spader



What did I think of this season? Amazing. Fantastic. Outstanding! So many little things I loved in this show. Dembe, Red's speeches, Crazy Tom. I know some people have issue with the actress playing Lizzy, but since I am not an actor, unless someone is reallllly bad, I usually don't notice the acting, acting part of it all. I allow myself to get invested in the characters. I didn't mind the actress, but I kinda thought Liz was dumb a lot of the time. But, then again, she is a rookie who was thrust into a crazy situation. I don't think Tom is dead. Hope not. And I think, Red saved Lizzy from the fire, but he's not her father.


Will I watch next season? Yes. I missed the last TV show Spader was in, so I made sure to catch this one. He's hilarious in this show. I know, probably a weird word choice, but he is. 


Vikings (History)


Why I started watching: I became a fan of History Channel documentaries back in the early 2000's. While they don't seem to do as many as they have, some of their original programming is worth catching. Vikings, being the first scripted series certainly got my attention, so I watched to see what it was all about.

What did I think of this season? Wow. Just wow! This is season two, and I can honestly say I've NEVER seen some of the things they've done in this show when it comes to war and battle. I watch a lot of movies and shows about war, old and new, so I've seen quite a variety. But the Vikings writers really did their research and showed some of the coolest battle tactics I've ever seen. 

It's loosely based on real people and the cast is amazing. It's worth a binge watch or two. In face I'm thinking of a rewatch already.

Will I watch next season? Yes, yes, yes.


Shows I stopped watching this season:


Tomorrow People (CW) I got to about 8 or 9 and then I just didn't care anymore, which made no sense to me considering A. I watched the 90's version on Nick and loved it. 2. It's about people with powers! I write that shit. and III. It has a great cast of actors and totally should have worked. Ah well.

Hawaii 5-O (CBS) I didn't even make it to the FansPick The Plot episode. Not sure why I lost interest here either. Just did.

So, did you watch any of the above? Which did you hate and which did you love?

No comments: