May 12, 2015

Jenn's 2015 TV Recap #3

Should have one more recap after this one! Yes, I watch a lot of damn TV, didn't you know? LOL

Same style as last time: my favorite characters and a favorite moment from each...plus or minus one or two. :-)

Let's start with....

Vikings (History)
Oh man. This show! I love Ragnar. I loved Floki. Until he killed my other fave Athelston. Man, that pissed me off. But, I have to say, they got me. They really got me. I thought Ragnar was really dead and Bjorn was going to be the focus of next season, which he still may be. That moment when the lid flew off the casket? Perfection. Great finale to another crazy ass season. 

Gotham (Fox)
This one is still fresh in my my as far as finale's go and...it was pretty crappy. I hope they can fix the problems with this show for season two, but I'm not sure they'll be able to. Me, personally, I love Alfred and Bruce, a good chunk of fans hate them both. Loved the Nygma's course within the show until this last episode where they have him hearing voices. Meh. I'm glad Fish is gone, she was great in the beginning. I have no clue WTF is up with Barbara, but she can go, too. My favorite moment was the Riddler's first kill, it was shot so brilliantly. I'm looking forward to more of him next season.

Daredevil (Netflix)
This show is dark. I'm not only talking about emotionally dark, but actually, dark dark. Most of it is set at night, but even when it's not all the sets are darker than normal. It got a little annoying, but I did binge watch it in three days so that's my problem, not theirs. LOL Another fantastic cast of people on this show, not one person felt out of place, everyone fit perfectly. While I love Matt, of course, I have to say Rosario Dawson was a great addition and was perfect for grounding the show in reality and providing a little comic relief. I hope she comes back in Season 2. *Edit* SHE IS!!! YAY

Criminal Minds (CBS)
I don't have an issue with Jennifer Love Hewitt. I didn't like the way they brought her in, but that last episode where they sent her off was pretty damn good. However, I'm finding myself less interested in this show the more I watch it. I don't want that to happen. I love Morgan & Garcia, I think they need their own spin off.

Forever (ABC)
Well, really love this show......STOP. *Edit* It just got canceled. MOTHERFLOWER! Nevermind....

Big Bang Theory (CBS)
The first half of the season was just okay for me, then it got really good again. I think Bernadette is my favorite from this year. Howard's mother dying was sad, but it made for the best episodes of the season. I would have liked a little more build up to Sheldon's big decision because we all know he wouldn't go into it lightly and it's highly unlikely he wouldn't tell anyone else. Hmm.

Revenge (ABC)
Nolan needs a spin-off. It ended exactly how I figured it would. Meh. They never should have brought David back to life, but I guess it's better he took care of Victoria than Amanda.

Castle (ABC)
Castle is still my favorite character. I love him with Alexis, I think they are a great pair on screen. I would like to see more of her interacting with him and Kate. The PI subplot was great, lots of fun moments from that, and it felt organic enough to not make me roll my eyes.

The Originals (CW)
Elijah. He's the reason I started watching this show because I didn't like Klaus. At all. I like him a little more now, but it took a while. I liked NuBekka, didn't like new Finn, but I like Vincent, and now I kinda miss NuKol, too. Meh. Too many body jumps in this show, but it's still fun to watch.

A couple more weeks and the majority of the show are done for the season. What's left that you are looking forward to? Anything get canceled that you love? I feel your pain.

How about new shows, any look good yet?

No comments: