June 1, 2016

Jenn's TV Recap #3

Well, regular TV is over for the season. Do you remember when 90210 had their summer season? They pretty much started that trend. I have a few shows to look forward to this summer, sadly, only of them is NOT So You Think You Can Dance. Makes me sad.

Anyway, I have a nice long list of shows to recap for my final blog of this season. They are not in any order. POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Seriously.

Last warning!

SUPERNATURAL
While I didn't really care about the Amara story line for the most part and really hate Rowena, Cass as Lucifer totally made up for it. Then they bring in Chuck at the end...confirming him as God? Freaking brilliant. The last few episodes of the season were fantastic. I'll never stop watching the Winchester Brothers. I don't care if they jump the shark or not.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
I should just go and live at The CW. I don't think the writers thought through this plot enough but for a short, first season, it was pretty good. I liked all the cheeky time travel easter eggs and tropes they pulled out. I hated how they bounced around time, just to end up back at the same spot they started. I did, however, like how they eventually split up into three teams in three times to beat three Savages. That was pretty brilliant and saved the season. And no lie, I was JUST starting to like Snart and then they kill him. Meh.

THE FLASH
This is probably my third favorite show on TV right now behind GoT and TWD. I love the entire cast, younger and older members. I love the fun and lightness. I don't mind the darker stuff either. Although I know the original Flashpoint story, it didn't work for  me how they got there at the end of this season. However, I got the man in the mask partially right, so I'm glad we get to see more John Wesley Shipp on the show.

AGENTS OF SHIELD
I've never had a problem with Skye/Daisy. This probably goes back to my comment once about acting. I can't, so unless someone is really bad and I don't believe they are the character they are playing, I probably won't notice much. That being said, Ward as HIVE was amazing. I'm really going to miss him. I think this show gets better each season, so I can't wait to see what they have in store for S4.

CASTLE
What a horrible ending! OMG, I know it was tacked on just "in case" they got canceled, but man, couldn't they have thought of something better? Or asked ABC for a two-hour movie tie up next season? There are a dozen ways they could have done this, but they chose to screw their fans and take the easy way out. Oh well. Don't have to worry about it anymore.

THE ORIGINALS
This is another one of those shows I'm not sure why I still watch. It's probably because I have a crush on Elijah. Love that character. I was SO excited to see Marcel die at the end of this season. He's always been one of my least favorite characters. He just rubs me the wrong way. However, his relationship with Davina was his saving grace. I hope Vincent sticks around next season. He's awesome. RIP Cami, I'll miss you most of all.

ARROW
I'm really happy they went all 24 and dropped a bomb. There is only so many threats the team can thwart without having hardly any consequences. I didn't care about Laurel's death. She was just an OK character, I liked her MUCH better on The Flash, so I hope they bring her back there. Damien was a badass character but I feel like there was something missing this season and I just can't put my finger on it. Next season should be interesting with Oliver as Mayor.

So that's pretty much it. Now I have lots of time to write some books this summer! What was your favorite new show this year? Did one of your old favorites surprise you this season?

Would you be interesting in reading a blog post about the new shows coming next season? I can start working on it if you guys are interested. :-)


No comments: