March 19, 2009

Contest update, TV is fun and life is beautiful!

I got up to #2 for downloads on the Amazon Breakthrough contest!! I may have actually hit #1 but by the time I got home from work, I was 3 and still dropping. No worries…Now I just have to start pimping myself for reviews.

So, if you have free time and want to help a sister out…give me a quick review. Tell your friends and family! Tell everyone! This way you can say you helped me get published. LOL

If you’re in the contest, I’ll review you in trade!


I’ve almost caught up on my shows this week. 24 is kicking ass this season. Love that damn show. Thought Gossip Girl went a little flat this week, but it’ll pick up I’m sure. Mentalist had a great episode this week. LOST is always love for me, though it did have a few boring parts.

Still have to watch BSG from last week. Figure I might as well watch the last two eps in a row, just need to find the time to do it! I’m even behind on watching Bill Maher if you can believe it.


My mother always told me things happen for a reason. She also told me that when you least expect it, something happens. She’s right, though I haven’t been on the receiving side of the “happenings” before. For years, I’ve worried about everyone else. Mother hen syndrome to the nth degree. When I finally decided to look out for me, I did notice some things changing. I felt happier. I learned about myself. I knew, no matter what, I could take care of me and still care and worry about others without losing my mind.

Now, I finally feel like all that karma is coming back to me. I’ve had one of the best weeks in recent memory this week. The winter depression has lifted and there is plenty of sunshine on the horizon.

I met a great guy last week. Everything clicked and fell into place. Totally unexpected for me. I rarely have such luck with guys I connect with. Usually, the attraction is one sided and I’m left standing on the corner trying to figure out which way to go.

I’ll admit, it’s a little scary when everything happens so effortlessly. Yet sometimes, you can’t deny it when you know you have something special fall into your lap. All I know is that I haven’t been this happy for a very, very long time.

Happy works for me. I think I’ll keep staying happy for a while.

No comments: