April 18, 2012

What's up, Wednesday?

I know, I know. I'm such a bad blogger. This is what happens when Jenn goes back to work FT and continues to write, work charity gigs on the side--because she totally loves giving back--and has two dogs. I guess I should be thankful I don't have any kids yet. I'd never sleep.

How about a little writing update first?

Lucky's Charm is in the final editing stages. One more pass through and it's onto proofreading/line edits...or something. I think. I don't have a release date yet, I know you're all super excited, but probably not more than I am. I've been working on Lucky's story since 2005. Yep, seriously. The good news, my editor loves the book and has helped me make it even better! I can't wait to share it with all of you!!

MIND: The Beginning is in round 2 of edits. I think I have one more to go before final edit. I still need a cover. I have no idea what I want on it yet, so I need to come up with something soon. Eep.

Okay. Now that that's outta the way...

One of my friends suggested I tell you about myself as a young kid. (Thanks Penny!) That's easy. I was a tomboy. I didn't have Barbies, didn't play dress up, didn't plan my wedding. I played sports with the boys (and some girls), loved video games (still do), and would watch wrestling and football on the weekends. I don't watch wrestling anymore, but I am still a Die-Hard Giants fan!

I didn't change much as a teenager. Sure, there were boys I was crazy about, but they all saw me as the cool friend, who happened to be a girl, and could play baseball and football just as good, if not better than other boys. I was lucky in the fact that I was never picked last, but I was picked on...but I already wrote a blog about that. :-)

What I can say, is that I wish there was a TV show like Glee on when I was a kid. Last nights episode was very touching and very provocative. The Glee Project Kid Alex (Wade) performed on stage in Drag. LOVED IT! Not only was he freakin FABULOUS, he didn't give a shit what anyone thought about him and did what he felt he needed to do. Like him, I adopted this philosophy in High School and have carried it with me throughout the rest of my life. Sorta like what Ivy said to Karen on SMASH this week, you need to build a thicker skin. It's so true but sadly it's very hard to teach. Sometimes, you just need to go through the mud and muck before you come to the realization that someone's opinion of you is just that, an opinion. Like an asshole, everyone has one. :-)

So remember kids, it's not what someone else thinks about you...it's what you do, how you act & react, and how you feel about yourself that matters most.


3 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Hopefully you'll get a release date soon. :)

And I agree with you about opinions and thicker skin.

Jenn Nixon said...

I hope so too. I need to start pimping myself out again. LOL

Penelope Marzec said...

Glad I could help out by nudging along your thought process. :^)