June 5, 2006

Post

I finally took pen to paper, (yes, handwriting!) and started outlining the latest idea that's been floating around my mind for the last two months. I think I know why I don't outline now. I've given myself SO much work to do with this idea it's not even funny. I'm starting it out in 1200AD and working my way through 2050AD. So, I wanted to find various historic references to use that might not be very well known--some that are--and man...WHAT HAVE I DONE?

I have a bad feeling this thing is going to take me forever to write. I'm not one for just hoping things sound good, I like to research and make sure I know what I'm talking about. Thank goodness for History Channel and Wiki, which you can search decades and years. Now, I need to find a real online encyclopedia that I can access...for free. While Wiki is good, I can't trust it to be 100% accurate, though it really is a good source of information truth be told.

I have four typed pages now and a sinking feeling I'm getting in over my head with both the plot of this story idea and the history I'm going to have to use to make it work. I guess it's a good thing that this is a more dramatic-people driven idea, otherwise I'd probably go mad...well madder.

I slept later than I wanted to today, and I'm not really tired, so I'll probably watch another movie. I watched Tristan and Isolde last night. I'm such a sucker for angsty romantic love stories. I was mildly surprised, it was good, but it could have been much better. The accents weren't handled brilliantly, and that's always one of my pet peeves in historical type movies. Did the English and the Irish actually understand each other back then? Wouldn't the Irish speak 'Gaelic' still? I don't know myself, but I'm to lazy to research it. The Passion of the Christ was brilliant simply because it was done in the proper language. I really loved that aspect of the film. But then again, I'm a sucker for subtitles too.

My website is back up...finally. I'm in the midst of changing the entire thing, but it'll take a while.

In other fun news and shameless plugging, I've added some content--from old college papers to this place-Check me out...and they've actually paid me. Who woulda thunk?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»