June 20, 2007

Overload

Roomie and I made a grave mistake. We started watching season one of LOST and now, I can't stop! OMG, we've watched 12 episodes since Sunday and I even had a dream with Walt last night. Why couldn't it be Sawyer!?! That man is so fine. Roomie and I agree, he'd make a bad ass Gambit.

It's really scary watching it now, knowing what I know from seasons 2 and 3. But, of course, only leaves more questions and theories. Ugh.

Roomie is convinced the whole show has something to do with Locke and Walt, light and dark, black and white. There were three separate black/white things. Rocks on dead bodies, Locke's eyes in Claire's dream and of course the backgammon game of white and black. I'll have to keep tabs on more of that, but so far, just those three showed up.

In other news, I have seven subscribers to my newsletter! Hey, it's a start and those people can say they knew me when, heh. I'll be sending the first update for everyone next week when I get Tiva's book cover. The artist is almost done painting it. Then it needs to dry, then he will scan it for me! I'm considering buying the actual piece itself, but I don't have the money just yet. Bleh.

I'm reading another WOW authors book and honestly not doing a bit of writing. I know, I know. I just can't seem to get my ass in gear and do it. Maybe I should unplug the freaking television, yeah, that would probably help!

Before all the networks started doing summer shows, I used to watch a ton of History/Discovery/National Geographic documentaries. Now, with my handy DVR, I'm recording them and racking up shows like there's no tomorrow. Last week we watched a Marine boot camp doc, I totally love the Cities of the Underground series, and we still have Ice Truckers, Planet Earth, The Universe, and I recorded the History of Sex, because, well, I'm a pervert and love hearing about all the perverts of ancient times.

I can't get away from the news either. So much going on around the world it's almost too much to handle. But this is the world we live in now, somehow, I have to find the beauty of it all in the midst of all this chaos.

I know I'll never see peace in my life time, and Roomie (who is more of a cynic than I am) thinks that there will never be peace, ever. That makes me sad. However, I'm pleased that people in the celebrity spotlight--Angelina Jolie, George Clooney and even Lucy Liu are bringing the atrocities around the world to the American public. I understand the need to stay ignorant of all the shit going on out there, but enough is enough and something has to be done. We obviously can't count on our government *cough-Bush* to do anything useful, so hopefully the media attention will help NATO and the UN step up to the plate this time around. After all, we can't bail everyone out--we just get into more trouble when we do.

Anywho, I'm going to TRY and do some writing today. I have about two hours before So You Think You Can Dance is on...I know, I'm sad. But I'm okay with it for now.

TWO WEEKS UNTIL TRANSFORMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, If I didn't say it before, I'm still predicting that Transformers WILL BE the #1 movie in America...ever. Beating out Titanic. Let's make it happen people! We only need 600 million dollars! LOL

No comments: