April 15, 2008

Are you a loser? I am!

Biggest Loser Finale is today!!

I can’t wait to see how everyone looks. I love before and afters in just about every category, houses, people, makeovers, etc. Love them! I have my own before, a middle, and right now I’m again working on the after with a personal trainer. I’m not getting a four hour beating every day like the BL crowd, but I’ll be working out two days a week, and doing more stuff on my own as soon as it gets a little warmer outside.

It may take me until the end of the year, but Jenn is determined. I lost 100lbs already and have maintained it for at least a year. I’ll admit, I stopped trying to lose for a while, but I’m ready again.

My goal is at least 10lbs by the end of this month. I’m already 3lbs in, so that’s a good start. My average on Weight Watchers before I started exercising was about 2.5lbs a week. This time around, I’ll be working out and eating better, but I don’t think I’ll lose as fast, so 1-2lbs a week will give me 36-72lbs by December. If I’m closer to the higher end, I will be super happy. I haven’t decided on a goal weight, only because I’ve never been close and I’m really not sure I would look right at the target weight most people give my height range. Maybe I will, who knows. Last time I was close to what my target weight is supposed to be, I was 14 and told I was fat. Granted, I was probably about 30lbs overweight at 14, but I wasn’t fat…

Anyway, I hope a woman wins this year. It’s kinda unfair to put men and women up against each other in a weight loss competition. Everyone knows men lose weight quicker and easier than women do. They should have a winner for each gender and cut the prize in half. So sayeth Jenn.

Former Roomie and I watched the last two Smallville episodes and the first two Battlestar Galactica eps from the new/last season this weekend. Man, that show is off to a great start already. Katee (Starbuck) is doing a great job and she’s growing as an actress. I hope she makes the transition to movies or other shows because she was the best thing in Bionic Woman. I’d like to see more of her in the future.

I’m about halfway through the book I’ve been reading at work during lunch. Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn. It’s very interesting, and different from the majority of the books I usually read. I should have a post about it by next week.

I still have a huge stack of books I bought and never read. I may start going through the pile or I might just ask for book recommendations. I haven’t decided yet.

I haven’t heard anything new from WOW about Tiva’s books. At the end of this month, it’ll be two years going. Which is normal for the publishing industry. I admit, I’m getting anxious and nervous and worried, but I have faith in the people at WOW and I know they’re working as hard as they can. Still, that doesn’t mean it’s easy on me. In fact, it’s downright stressful. I had people constantly asking me, “When is your book coming out??” last year. I think they got so tired of asking and getting the same answer, they’ve stopped asking. That upsets me even more.

*Sigh* I have so many plans for Tiva. So many things I want to do. I was going to plan out things to do to promote the book this year. I want to make book marks and post cards and do a bunch of other things for Tiva. I’d like a video for youtube, and myspace, and a webpage just for her. I going to do everything I can to get her out there. Hell, I’m planning on making sure the book sells well enough to get me noticed. Then, maybe Lucky will find a home.

Oh, here is my agent update:

Queries sent: 92
Rejections: 46
Partials requested: 9
Partials rejected: 8

I’ve decided I’m going to start mailing letters this week. I’m going to send snail mail letters to some of the early agents who haven’t responded to me yet and see how that goes. I have about 10 others I set aside to send out letters to as well. I’m trying my best to stay positive; it’s getting harder with each passing week. It’s been four months since I started searching for an agent. I’m actually surprised I haven’t gotten any offers considering some of the crappy books I’ve read in the last year.

Sure, I know I still have a lot to learn, and I would LOVE to go back to school to do so, but I don’t have the means right now. Which sucks. Maybe I should start playing the lotto again. I only need a couple thousand to go to school. I’d be happy with that. Heh. Of course, I’d be happy with a million so I wouldn’t have to work and could concentrate on writing. Or, even better, find a guy with money who loves my writing and wants to sponsor me…then marry me. :-)

Eh, I would never marry just for money. I would rather be struggling paycheck to paycheck and be madly and passionately in love than be with a rich guy who doesn’t ‘do it’ for me. I’ve said it plenty, I will not settle for less than perfect for me. Not perfect, because no one is, but perfect for me is a different category. So, like my mom tells me…I might not find “true love” in this lifetime. Gee, thanks, that helps.

I’d hate for that to happen, but I guess there are some people out there who aren’t supposed to get married. I honestly hope I’m not one of them. I’d like to think I’ve seen enough bad relationships in my lifetime to bypass them all together, but they say you don’t always choose who you fall in love with. I believe he’s real and somewhere in the world. I just have to find him now! LOL

8 days until my birthday. I wish I had something more to show for my 34 years on the planet. But, on the bright side, I’m still alive and that’s worth celebration on its own.

Maybe I’ll get an agent for my birthday.

No comments: