November 26, 2008

Almost Thanksgiving...

I've been uber stressed. I have the rest of this week off work and go back for some cardio with my trainer on Friday. I hope that helps.

Since there's no point going over why I'm stressed--I don't have the time--I'll just do talk about fun stuff.

Let's start with Twilight.

A bit of background first. I'm not the type to get obsessed with things in general. I don't go all out fan girl either. I go through, what I like to call, phases. I get super interested in something--be it book, show, band, movie, writer, politics, etc--and I focus on it and it sometimes occupies all my time. Example: I watched 3 seasons of LOST in a row, over a weekend. Whew! So, when the Harry Potter books became popular in the US (my sister was reading them), I was like eh. I have more important things to geek out about. When I was in England in 2001, I had the chance to buy the first two British versions of the books. I didn't. Instead, I bought my sister a HP Beenie Baby. Then the movie came out. I loved it. Bought however many books were out at the time and read them back to back. Finished the series, and I can't wait for the other three movies...though I may boycott the last until both parts are out...

So, when Twilight started to make a big stink, I again ignored it. I heard mostly good things about it but never searched out reviews. Then the movie trailer comes out. I'm impressed. It looks good. I broke down and read the book. I kinda don't get it. Edward is not the perfect guy by any stretch of the imagination. I don't get their relationship at all. I'm not sure how the author got away with having ZERO plot 75% of the way through the book. I still plan on seeing the movie, eventually, but I'm disappointed and stunned. While I understand it's a YA book, that doesn't mean it's allowed to be crap. Ah well. Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one, right?

Heroes is getting better. Seems like I say that every week.

24: Redemption was great. I did notice the camera guy in the woods scene. Funny. I'm glad Jack is back. I've missed him.

Gossip Girl still has my attention. I love Chuck Bass.

The Mentalist is a fantastic show. It's said to be the #1 new show. Good stuff.

Fringe is kick ass too. I love the whole weird science of the show.

You put those two shows together and you get Eleventh Hour. Also a good show. Yeah, yeah, I know I wasn't going to watch too many new shows, but they are canceling Pushing Daisies soon, so I have an opening.

I've forced my brother to start watching Criminal Minds and CSI with me. I'm surprised he's enjoying them. I tend to watch some depressing dramas. Like Smallville and Supernatural. They've both heading into some heavy territory and it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

Biggest Loser and Survior, my reality bites of the week, are doing well. Last week's elimination on Survivor was freaking hilarious!!

I'm looking forward to BSG, 24 and LOST next year! I'm such a junkie. I think I need help.


I've added about 5500 words to Lucky #3. Not as much as I would have liked, but I'm still typing on my lap. I get my desk tomorrow!

I have four editors and two agents reading my work. Wow! Really. I must say, networking and writer's groups are worth their weight in diamonds!

I'm almost done with Christmas shopping and haven't been to one store yet. Whee!!

I'm having Thanksgiving at my house this year. I'm not cooking much but I'm hosting. That's good enough, right? LOL.

Even being as stressed as I am about things going on right now, I'm very thankful this year. I'm thankful I have a job, my family and friends are safe and healthy, I have a roof over my head and food in my fridge. I'm thankful there are people trying very hard to make this world a better place and actually seem to care. I'm thankful we have troops willing to sacrifice their lives to protect our country and other countries around the world, and I hope we can do more good in the future.

And I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: