January 11, 2009

New New New!

Happy New Year!

Yeah, I know I’m late. I’m happy to say, I’ve been busy in a good way. Lot's to say, not much time to do it.

First, I'm happy to report that Lucky # 3 is almost done. Seriously, I’ve got maybe a chapter left to go.

I always seem to have two issues when I write, the middle of a book and the end. After much internal dialogue between writer Jenn and reader Jenn, I’ve come up with a theory.

When I reach the middle of the book, where all the little things have to start coming together—heading toward the climax, I get nervous. I constantly re-read things, going backwards to make sure piece match up, and I worry that certain things won’t make sense or fit right.

After the climax, I get sad because I don’t want to end the story. I know I’ll still have time with the characters since I have to go back and edit, but knowing I’ve finished their story and have no where else for them to go, leaves me gloomy.

HOWEVER, I’m really truly almost done. I need to finish this today. Before 24 comes on tonight. Sad, yes, but I’m as much a reader/writer as I am a TV/Movie watcher. It’s always a battle for my time, which is why I’m super glad I have DVR!

Within the next month or so, I should be hearing back from the final six editors and agents who are currently reading my work. I hope to have good news to report, so keep your fingers (and toes) crossed for me!

In other news, I’ve updated my website. I’ve added some excerpts of Tiva and Lucky’s novels, added some new links, and changed the main page a bit. If you’d like, check it out and let me know what you think: www.jennnixon.com

If you’d like to swap links or give me your banner, I’d be more than happy to post it for you if you’re not already there.

Lastly, I went to my first Liberty State Fiction Writers meeting this week. It was fantastic! The new group, started by some friends I know, is geared more towards general fiction than Romance like RWA and NJRWA. Since I still need all the help I can get, I’m glad to be a part of them, and hope to join a few more in the future.

So, if you’re in the NJ, PA, or NY area, please check them out, you won’t be disappointed: http://www.libertystatesfictionwriters.com/

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. I know I’ve been a bad blogger, but I’m still out here reading your blogs!

No comments: