March 23, 2009

Monday, Monday...ah, you're almost over.

I finally caught up on BSG. I won’t spoil anything, so keep reading!

There were some pieces I think could have been handled better, but for the most part, I was satisfied. I liked the twist at the end, though original BSG fans probably knew it was coming. I never watched the old show…

The only thing I didn’t really like had to do with Starbuck. If you watched it, maybe you feel the same. For as dynamic as her character was…her “ending” was crap. Total crap. Maybe they have an idea for another series with her in it? Not sure. Overall, it was much better than some other series ends I’ve seen.

Heroes and 24 tonight!! Very exciting.

I’ve decided to take a few of the shows I normally watch off my regular viewing schedule. I said a few weeks ago that I needed to get a social life again. So that means less TV. No worries, I’m still keeping my favorites for now. Plus, spring is almost here, so some of the other shows will be ending soon anyway.

I’m having a Twilight party tomorrow. I so thought the movie came out today, but it was last week. I’ve already seen it, thought it was a hell of a lot better than the book. And this’ll be in crisp HD!


The Jenn hasn’t been writing. At all. Hell, I haven’t even edited anything in about a week. I know, I know, a writer is supposed to write every day. I try to; sometimes I just can’t find the time. I don’t envy those writers out there who are married with kids. I don’t think I’d ever find the time if I had a couple rugrats running around!

Not to worry. I have some ideas still running through my head. Taking this break is much needed and deserved. Besides, I’d rather focus on Lucky and Tiva right now than starting something new. When, not if, they find publishers, I’ll be working on more edits and whatnot anyway. Starting something new right now isn’t in the cards. Maybe I’ll shoot for April first. That still gives me time to participate in one of my writer’s groups contests.

I am so ready for spring to get here. It’s freezing outside right now. I need to shed the last of these something-odd lbs soon and the cold weather isn’t helping. Staying home, snuggled on the couch is all I want to do when it’s this freaking cold. It’s nice to have a snuggle partner too. :-) But once it’s nice out again, I plan on taking the doggies for more walks, do a bit of hiking, maybe camping, and hopefully that will further kick start my metabolism.

Since I’m not having my big huge birthday party—because I’m not at my goal—I’ll just have to wow the family and friends in the summertime. Realistically, I want to hit my goal by the end of the summer. I think that’s workable. It’s taking longer to drop the lbs not that I’ve already lost so much, but I’m still doing well. That’s what matters.

No comments: