December 26, 2012

Mid Season TV Recap Part 2

Man, what a year for TV huh? I'm sure there is something you are Fangirl/boying over. I have a few too!

I'm continuing with the same format, it's fun this way don't you think? 1. Why I started watching 2. Why I'm still watching and 3. What I liked most about it so far this season.

Gossip Girl
1. I really had no idea why I started watching until I watched the final episode. They reminded me...seriously. When the writer's strike happened way back, GG went into re-runs with their first 13 eps or so. Nothing else new was on and I liked Blake Lively in Sisterhood, so I started watching, got hooked, stuck with it.
2. Well, not watching anymore as it aired it's Series Finale, but I continued mostly because I really liked Chuck Bass. He was a very interesting character.
3. This season wasn't great, but it ended well and even though there may be some continuity errors about the whole "Who is Gossip Girl" I thought it was a good choice. Dorota would have been funnier.

Arrow
1. Yes, yes, this is the show that broke my promise. DAMN YOU CW! I love superheros. When I was 5 the Gifted and Talented people came to my school and asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. I said Superman. Suffice to say, I didn't get into G&T, though they probably should have asked me WHY I wanted to be Superman. I would have told them to do good in the world and save people from bad guys. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but it was still a good answer for a 5 year old. :-)
2. It's an AWESOME show. Okay, it doesn't hurt that everyone is pretty hot and John Barrowman (Capt. Jack Harkness) is in the show, how can it be bad?
3. I love everything. The flashbacks, the mythology, the action/fighting scenes, the love triangles. Great shit. You should totally watch this show.

Vampire Diaries
1. I actually started watching this because of Somerhalder. He's so hot. Love those damn eyes. He was on LOST, so I figured why not. I stopped watching because of a DVR conflict but eventually caught up on Netflix.
2. I'm a sucker for immortal characters. Even more so when they are angsty and tortured. Seems like everyone on this show is messed up somehow. LOL
3. I love Elena and Damon together. Nice twist with this whole story line too. Digging Jeremy's side plot too.

Supernatural
1. My BFF told me about this show. I've been a fan of Jensen Ackles since Days of Our Lives and became a fan of Jeffrey Dean Morgan because of this show.
2. The Winchester Brothers have one of the funniest, strangest, most loving and frustrating relationship of any two characters I've ever watched. The guest stars are wonderful on this show. <3 Crowley.
3. They've gone back to the Monster of the Week format with the major plot sprinkled throughout. I know how I would end the series if I were writing it. I haven't heard about a new season yet, but we'll see what happens in the back half of the show.

Grimm
1. Wanted to see if it was going to be a Supernatural Rip-off. It wasn't.
2. I love procedurals  but I was getting tired of them, this was a nice twist on the genre and I do love fairy tales and like how they are making them scary again-as they were originally intended.
3. They have a great cast and great chemistry. Monroe totally keeps that show together and funny and different.

Criminal Minds
1. I have a fascination for serial killers. I don't want to be one, don't glorify them, I want them caught. CM does it the best.
2. Morgan & Garcia - nuff said.
3. This season it looks like someone is coming after them again. The last time this happened it was an amazing couple of episodes, I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.

Scandal
1. When I saw the previews, I was immediately interested because Kerry Washington is so pretty and Tony Goldwyn was in a TV show!
2. Huck is an amazing character. LOVE HIM! Olivia and The Prez have so much chemistry, my heart double-times every single time they are together on screen.
3. Everything. It has mystery, suspense, action, drama, comedy, romance-sorta, but man, what an intense show.

Fringe
1. JJ Abrams and Joshua Jackson
2. Being a Sci-Fi geek at heart, I have loved this show from the very first episode. I know it's technically over in January (SOB!), but it's still on hiatus.
3. I knew that they had BIG plans for this season. I know many people aren't stoked about it. I am. I went back and watched the entire series in November, getting ready for the end. I'm so glad I did, with everything fresh in my head, it comes together so well that my brain can barely take it. The last two episodes blew my freaking mind apart. I will state it here now, in case I'm right, which I hope I am. They Fringe team is going to use Michael the Observer "Kid" to reboot time...and I'm hoping it'll just stop them from coming back. The final scene should be in the field, with Olivia, Peter and Etta. The Observers won't come. Walter and Astrid will come back after getting some Strawberry Milkshakes for everyone and they'll all have their Happy Ever After.

I have a couple more shows that I'm looking forward to next year as well, but this post is getting a bit long. LOL Go figure, right?

And of course, a bunch of Winter Season Premiers like Smash, Biggest Loser, Touch, and a few more are coming back!

What are you looking forward to in 2013?


1 comment:

Irene said...

I cannot believe that I do not watch ANY of these shows, Jenn!
I might add, however, that you ought to give Beauty and the Beast a try. It is good. Not too late, either, as they will run the previous six over and over before they start the new ones....