December 3, 2014

2014 Fall TV Recap Part 1

It's that time again friends! I know, you wait for theses all year long. Tehehe.

Most of the shows I watch sign off in the next two weeks, but we had a few early finales, so we'll talk about those.

FYI - Possible SPOILERS!

Blacklist -

I'm not as into it as much as I was the first season and I think Liz & Ressler have a lot to do with it. I get that you need conflict, but it's really annoying when every single show that has some type of law enforcement officer in it has to deal with prescription drug or alcohol addiction. It's a little played out for me. Liz is annoying. Red is the the only reason I watch the show right now, he kills it every single week...and sometimes someone.

How To Get Away With Murder - 

Wow. Just wow! While I took a guess that it was Wes who killed Sam to save Rebecca from him, I didn't expect all the other stuff before and after it. Wow. There are so many avenues each of the characters can go in the next half of the season, so I'm very excited to see how they play out. One of my favorite freshman shows ever. I just hope they can keep it up.

Scandal - 

I feel really bad for whoever has Olivia. Fitz is gonna sic Jake who will probably recruit Huck and  man...I don't want to be whoever that dude/dudette is. The VP probably won't make it to the end of the season alive either for his part. Many of the side plots and "fixee of the week" plots are much more interesting to me than who Olivia should be with, but I'm very happy she finally came to terms with the fact that she loves them both, for different reasons, and really doesn't want to chose. However, whenever she and Fitz are together, man, they have some scorching chemistry. Also, as creepy as it has been, Quinn and Charlie make much more sense than Quinn and Huck.

The Walking Dead - 

I was never a big Beth fan. I kinda wanted her to die, a lot, over the last few seasons. So after some douche ruined it for me that she was going to die, I went into the episode with a different outlook. When Michonne told Maggie they'd found Beth and she was ok...I was really pissed and sad that I got spoiled. Grrr. I'll never know what my reaction would have been or whether I would have been sadder at the sudden loss. Going in and knowing only made me super sad for Maggie which made the end even harder for me having lost a sibling myself. I think the shock factor would have suited me better. Meh. However this season has been great. I love the focus on our group again with all the outside plots and characters staying minimal. I still do not like the episodes where they focus on one separate group, I like all the groups mixed into the episodes.

Sleepy Hollow - 

There is so much Katrina hate out there, I really don't get it. Sure, she has to be rescued a lot. But A. Not her fault-blame the writers. B. It's not like she's from present time and completely understands our world yet. C. It really is okay to be a damsel in distress when, you know, a fucking headless undead ax wielding demon is in love with you. and D. Your witch/dammed son is working for another demon who is hell bent on starting the apocalypse. I think people just want to get rid of her because they want Ichabod and Abbie to get together, which I really, really, really don't want to see happen. I like them just the way they are. That being said, I've enjoyed this season, I like the longer arch stories as opposed to the creature of the week, which they still do, and I like that they are expanding the cast a little. I would have liked to see more of the Reenactment Tailor girl, (forgot her name) I thought she was adorable and loved her interactions with Ichabod. It's cooky but I love it.

More to come next week!




No comments: