December 11, 2014

Jenn's 2014 Fall TV Recap #2

I have enough shows to do another recap!

I'll probably have one more after this...I know how you love them. :-)

Possible spoilers!

Arrow

I love this show so much. I mean, I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH! I've watched season 1 three times, season 2 twice and most of the eps from season 3 twice as well. I'm watching the mid-season finale again tonight. I love the action, the fight scenes, the feels and the sads. Mostly I love the relationships, they all feel real. Ollie, Diggle, and Felicity have the perfect chemistry and every single scene two or all three of them are in are amazing. The bad guys have great back stories as well and their reasons for being evil or evil-ish are usually very convincing and not usually for stupid nonsensical reasons. (*Cough* OUAT) This will probably go down as my favorite Superhero-ComicBook series ever.

The Flash

This show is a close second to Arrow. Hey, don't get me wrong, I LOVED Smallville, but this show is much more fun (for now) and the special effects are great in comparison to what they had to work with back in the Smallville days. Again, the relationships on this show are amazing. Every serious scene between Barry and Joe usually makes me tear up, I really believe them. I think they probably get along very well in real life. It's hard to fake such great chemistry. I'm super excited to get into the whole Time Travelness of Flash's world, because it's a big part, and I'm sure we'll have a really good explanation for the mid-season finale.

Agents of SHIELD

I didn't hate the first season like some people did. I thought it was fun and different. This season, so far, has been astounding. So many reveals and action scenes and tender moments and feels! Don't you love Bad-Ass Skye? She and May need to have a huge fight with someone in the next half of the season. I still love Coulson's one liners. His delivery always cracks me up. I'm not too happy with what they did to Trip in the finale, so I hope they find a way to bring him back. I'm also looking forward to the Agent 33-Ward situation, that's gonna be fun to watch.

Castle

One of the few cop procedurals I still watch. I can't help myself, Castle is a great character. As a writer, that's what I tend to focus on the most. Him being a writer is just icing, ya know. I love when the show is silly or has a wacky premise or potential conspiracy theory type plot or mystery. They do them so well. The serious ones are fine, too, and I'm so happy that Beckett and Castle's relationship is still the same for the most part. Despite being a hopeless romantic, sometimes when TV couples get together the fizz just fizzles out. :-)

The Originals

I freely admit the only reason I started watching this show is because of Elijah and Hayley. Their chemistry on The Vampire Diaries was unbelievably hot. I don't know why they had to mess with it so much. I'm kinda not invested in them anymore. However, thanks to some clever plotting and mama drama, I'm enjoying Klaus again. He's a dick, and he's always had a great reason to be a dick, but now I want him to be a dick. I like evil Klaus way more than when anyone tries to redeem him. I like the original Kol more, too, but the kid playing him now is cute, and I like him with Davina, so we'll see what happens.

The Vampire Diaries

I'm not sure why I'm watching this show still, probably because Alaric is back, I love him. The show has SO many inconsistencies even I've noticed them, but Damon is fun to watch when he's bad and I think Caroline and Stefan would have been good together, but like The Originals, it's a little too late now, I won't buy it. I think it's time for Elena to make her final choice between the brothers and put this show to bed. I'd LOVE to see a few of the characters move over to The Originals because they're good characters for the most part, it's just the whole love triangle thing is over and done, cooked and burnt.

Criminal Minds

Another procedural I watch, but, I have to admit, I've been fast forwarding through parts here and there, because, for the most part, it's always the same story. I think it's time for someone in the group to be in jeopardy again, or the team as a whole needs another Reaper or something. I like that they are giving the characters more personal life stuff to draw off because it wasn't something they did often in the first few seasons. I'm not really sure what else they can do, not that they have to, it's still a highly rated TV show, I'm just not as excited as I used to be to watch. I'll never stop, though. Duh.

So I think I have another handful of shows left for this fall season. What did you think of the season so far? Are you watching any Winter shows like Agent Carter?!? I'm already watching The Taste. :-)

No comments: