July 28, 2007

I've been reading...

I finished the last Harry Potter book. It was good, not exceptional IMHO, but a very good end to a wonderful series. Can I tell you how pissed off I was to find that huge ass novel stuck in my itty-bitty mailbox in front of the apartment? OMG. I called the post office and chewed them out. I had to rip the book out of the mailer before I could get it out of the mailbox! Dumb ass!

Since I was on a roll, and hadn’t read much of anything except my own writing the last few months, I started and finished the 11th Reacher novel: Bad Luck and Trouble. Some changes in this particular novel. Jack has an ATM card and he carries his passport now! He’s was a bit self-pitying in this book, but that just made him seem more human to me. I don’t expect Reacher to change drastically, but eventually he will; it’s inevitable.

The two best scenes in the book, for me, had to do with his toothbrush. If you’re a Reacher fan, you’ll understand. Poor Jack.

I heard from the cover artist this week. Seems his computer had a virus, so he had a bit of a snag the last couple of weeks. I should see the new and improved cover sometime next week! Very exciting!

I’ve talked to a few of the other writers from WOW and they are very happy with their ARC copies of the book! I can’t wait to get my grubby little hands on mines. My precious…

Er, sorry.

I’ve gone back to the beginning of Lucky’s story. The story keeps evolving and changing. I keep finding holes in the plot because the culprit at the very end isn’t solid yet. I thought I knew where it was going, but again, the characters have changed it for me, and I want it to be consistent. I need to spend the time on this to make those changes, but I keep feeling like I’m wasting too much time. I should just keep going, do the rest later. But the story won’t move forward because I’m stuck. I don’t know what the reactions are supposed to be yet because the back-story needs to change. Bleh.

I’ll get it, eventually.

I’m going to plug my newsletter again. Call me a pimp, that’s okay. I have a few people watching, and don’t have much news to share yet, but the release date for the Tiva books is nearing and you can at least say you knew me when. hehehe

Jenn's Newsletter

No comments: