February 12, 2009

SOLD!

I'll start with the super awesome news. I sold a short story. Believe it or not, it's erotica.

I've had this weird story in my head for about a year. Didn't know what to do with it. Then I heard that Three Crows http://www.morriganezine.com/ wanted short story submissions. So, I wrote it. They accepted it!

I may actually expand on the idea and turn it into a novel (toning down the erotac part though). The story could be the prologue/free read eventually. Fun!


I entered the first 250 words of Lucky to the Secret Agent contest here: http://misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/2009/02/33-secret-agent.html

The comments are interesting. I'm not sure how much of it I should take to heart because it is a suspense novel...you can't have ALL the answers right up front, that takes away from the suspense...doesn't it? *Sigh* I'm not sure what to do yet. Kinda deflated the high of selling a story, but I'm trying not to let it bother me too much.

I'm halfway through editing Lucky #2, fixing things, making sure all the clues are in the right places...etc. Then onto Lucky 3. I hope to finish before I have to go back to work on Tuesday.

Haven't heard back from any Agents or Editors yet. I know they are all busy...doesn't help Jenn's anxiety. :-)

Tiva's new query is coming along. I plan on bringing it to my LSFW meeting to have it read over. It's not popping for some reason. I've read a few blogs about Agents looking for Sci-Fi again. I need to get on this ride before it stops off at the station!


This whole economy is scary. I won't dwell, but if my forced vacation keeps me working, I'm happy to do it. *crosses fingers* I love my job. I don't want to leave.


OK, back to fun.

Heroes seems to be back on track. I have more of an idea what's going on now. Seems Nathan's over his head, huh?

24 Ah, Jack. How I love your one liners. I've been waiting for the "Ask around" line for weeks. It delivered! *swoon*

All of my favorites made it to the top 36 in American Idol! Whee!

The Mentalist was fantastic this week. Had me and my brother rolling with laughter. LOVE this show. It is the best new show I've picked up in years.

Fringe = Love. I can't say anything bad, yet.

LOST gives me gray hair, but that's okay, I had plenty to start with. Many of the bloggers and fans out there put some of these clues together long ago, and they were right about a few things. I can't wait to see where the show ends.


I watched the Astronaut Farmer yesterday. What a great movie! It's been on my mental list to watch for a while, I'm glad I finally watched it. I still have Chapter 27 and Dewey Cox on the DVR. Along with Criminal Minds because I got my brother hooked on it and he wants to watch! Hehe. Evil sister manipulates brother with TV.

Back to editing. Happy Thursday Everyone!

No comments: