March 9, 2015

Jenn's 2015 TV Recap #1

It's been a very interesting 2014-15 season in TV. We had several new shows with shortened seasons for various reasons. Some were between hiatus filler shows and some were shorter for actorly reasons and a few seem to be testing out the shorter season in general. Whatever the reason, we've had several season finales already, so why not get a jump on the TV Recaps. You agree? Awesome! Let's see what we've got.

Sleepy Hollow (FOX)

As long as Icabod is hilarious and Abbie is fierce, I'll continue to watch this show. I didn't hate on Katrina as much as some other people did early this season and just when I was really starting to like her they went and made her character do a compelte 180. I'm kinda done with her now, but it'll be nice for her to be the villain for a while.

Agent Carter (ABC)

I enjoyed this limited run series. I hope it does come back. The chemistry between Carter and Jarvis was fantastic. When they added in Stark to the mix it was even better. That is where the heart and soul of this show is and should be the main focus for #2 if they get one. Peggy is a sassy character, perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Which I love. Especially for the 40s when we know it really wasn't that easy. And here I thought the Mad Men 60s were harsh. Damn.

Suits (USA)

I still enjoy this show but I would like to see them do more actual cases. You know, in a courtroom. Louis almost lost me this time, but thankfully they pulled him back and kept him in the mix. He's a good bad guy, but he's better when he's the office antagonist. I'm really not sure what the hell Donna is thinking, but I guess people want her and Harvey shipped. I don't. Meh.

Covert Affairs (USA)

I'm really pissed this show got canceled. Maybe Netflix will pick it up? Maybe Eyal will get his own spinoff.  :-(

Galavant (ABC)

The song lyrics were hilarious. The rest of the dialogue was ok at best. The actors were great, though, especially Timothy Omundson, it was weird to see him back as Cain on Supernatural afterwards. LOL

The Taste (NBC?)

I'll watch anything with Anthony Bourdain in it. That is all.

How To Get Away With Murder (ABC)

This show started with a bang and ended with an even bigger one. It may be a tough format to keep up with, but the characters are well fleshed out and the stakes are "real" within that universe so it makes for some very tense situations. Annalise is crazy and I love it.


There are a few more coming up this week and next, I think, so maybe I'll do another soon. Did you watch any of the above? What did you like? What did you hate?


No comments: